- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Le Mandarin Review
There's no mistaking you're in a Chinese restaurant at Le Mandarin, situated in the hotel of the same name, just a block from the Pape'ete waterfront. Walls are adorned with frescos of rural scenes including peach blossom trees, pagodas, and fire-breathing dragons, and the ceiling is hung with lanterns. The food's good, too, and fuses Chinese spices with fresh local seafood. Try the spiced lobster if it's on the menu, or the wok-tossed Tahitian shrimp. Duck with Marquesan kumquat and taro-stuffed pork are local twists on classic dishes. A live band plays on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Address: 51 Rue Colette, Pape'ete, Tahiti 98713
- Phone: 50–33–50
- Location: Pape'ete
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more
· News & Features
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise ... Read more
With world-class surfing, spectacular diving, and warm local charm, Tahiti has plenty to offer prospective... Read more
You know what's been missing from those long-haul trips to Australia and New Zealand you've been taking?... Read more