- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Notre Dame Cathedral
Notre Dame Cathedral Review
This is the center of the Catholic community in Pape'ete, as well as a quiet and cool retreat from the hot and sticky city. Built in 1875 and restored in 1987, this buttercup-yellow church with a red roof and high steeple sits pretty in its own square just a block behind the market. The altar is always decorated with beautiful tropical flower arrangements and the church fills with light from a dozen stained-glass windows. Choirs sing in the upstairs area under a pitched timber ceiling adorned with cast-iron chandeliers.
- Address: Place Notre Dame at Rue Jeanne d'Arc, Pape'ete, Tahiti
- Hours: Daily, 8–5; Saturday mass 6pm.
- Location: Pape'ete
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more
· News & Features
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise ... Read more
With world-class surfing, spectacular diving, and warm local charm, Tahiti has plenty to offer prospective... Read more
You know what's been missing from those long-haul trips to Australia and New Zealand you've been taking?... Read more