Nightlife & the Arts in Tahiti
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Tahiti is really the only island in French Polynesia where you can have a big night out. Pape'ete has several night clubs strung along Boulevard Pomare. Clubs range from those catering to people who want to dance to Tahitian waltzes to those who want to dance to techno. There's also a club running drag shows on the weekends. Night club entry fees are around 1,500 to 2,000 CFP on weekends only, and sometimes only the men get charged. All clubs rage on well into the early hours. You can also catch Polynesian cultural performances—complete with song, dance, and fire twirling—at all the resorts and one or two restaurants. The cultural center (Maison de la Culture) has a full program of drama, dance, and film.
Browse Tahiti Nightlife
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's