- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Visit Tahiti
Natural splendor. Everything's big on French Polynesia's biggest island—towering mountains, giant waterfalls, and deep valleys.
Surf's up, and up. If you're on a quest for legendary waves you've come to the right place. Experts can tackle Teahupoo in Tahiti Iti, otherwise head to Tahiti Nui's beaches—Papenoo, Point Vénus, or Paea.
Heavenly Voices. Listen to the "singing Mamas," the Tahitian ladies dressed all in white wearing beautifully decorated straw hats, as they sing at the Paofai Protestant Temple on Pape'ete's Boulevard Pomare every Sunday at 10 am.
Shaken & Stirred. If you miss the amazing Heiva festival in July, make sure you catch a traditional dance show, complete with costume changes and fire twirlers, at one of the resorts.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's