When to Go
- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
When to Go
There are two seasons: the wet summer season from November to April when temperatures peak at 85°F (with night temperatures dropping to around 70°F), and the dry, cooler season from May to October (highs at 82°F, lows at 70°F). Volcanic islands such as Moorea also have their own microclimates and the east coast is a bit wetter than the west.
Moorea's festivals include the Tahiti-Moorea sailing Rendezvous in June; the Heiva Festival (a monthlong celebration of folkloric displays) in July; the Opunohu Valley mountain race in late September; the Rotui 15-km race in October; and the Rotui triathlon on December 30.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's