- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Rent a car or scooter: this is the best way to travel the 61-km (37-mi) road around the island. Taxis are notoriously expensive and L'Truck is not always available.
Some brochures and flyers (and even one map) refer to the Hauru Point area in the northwest as Haapiti, which is actually a village about 16 km (10 km) farther along the counterclockwise route. It can be confusing, so check with your hotel desk as to the exact location of a restaurant or activity site.
You'll also see the occasional reference to the location of the former Club Med Resort, which closed down about seven years ago. For the record, it was near the existing Hotel Hibiscus.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's