Take it All In
- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Take it All In
3 Days: Settle in at your hotel and cycle around the local area. Moorea's tourist spots are a little spread out along the north side. Have an afternoon swim and a sunset cocktail. On your second day, take a 4WD safari tour into the interior, check out the waterfalls, the Belvedere lookout, and finish at the Moorea Fruit Juice Factory. Spend your last day on the lagoon, letting the experts take you to the best snorkeling and to ray and shark feeding spots. Relax with a BBQ on a motu and laze under a palm tree. At night soak in the culture by watching the vibrant dancers at the Tiki Village. If you prefer some quieter culture there's a Polynesian floor show at the Sofitel Moorea Resort. The Sofitel show is only on twice a week, compared with Tiki Village shows from Tuesday to Saturday.
5 Days: Follow the above itinerary and then on your fourth day, hike along a valley trail: choose from the Vaiare-Paopao Route, the Three Coconut Trees Pass, or the Opunohu Valley Loop. Relax with a spa treatment afterwards. On day 5, rent a car or scooter and strike out on your own along the 61-km (38-mi) island road.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe