- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Named after the Kahaia tree from which the restaurant's roof and beams are made, this lovely venue is part of the Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort. Just 28 diners sit at chunky tree trunk tables on groovy chairs and wiggle their toes in the sand. Bohemian candelabras grace every table. The fare is a modern take on French cuisine; there are no heavy sauces and the emphasis is on fresh ingredients prepared in a simple way. The prawns are marinated with tandoori spices and the blue fin tuna steak is marinated with soy sauce, honey, and sesame and cooked to taste. Desserts are light with the exception of chocolate dacquoise (a nut meringue) cookie with coconut cream.
- Address: PK 1 counterclockwise, Coastal road, Temae, Moorea
- Phone: 55–11–11
- Location: Moorea
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more