- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Named after the Kahaia tree from which the restaurant's roof and beams are made, this lovely venue is part of the Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort. Just 28 diners sit at chunky tree trunk tables on groovy chairs and wiggle their toes in the sand. Bohemian candelabras grace every table. The fare is a modern take on French cuisine; there are no heavy sauces and the emphasis is on fresh ingredients prepared in a simple way. The prawns are marinated with tandoori spices and the blue fin tuna steak is marinated with soy sauce, honey, and sesame and cooked to taste. Desserts are light with the exception of chocolate dacquoise (a nut meringue) cookie with coconut cream.
- Address: PK 1 counterclockwise, Coastal road, Temae, Moorea
- Phone: 55-11-11
- Location: Moorea
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Tahiti 5-Nights at Moorea Luxury Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends
In April, 2013, we traveled to Tahiti where we stayed on the islands of Moorea and Tahiti prior to boarding an Oceania cruise that sailed through French Polynesia and the Society Islands. Read more
We had an awesome trip to Bora Bora last October. Read more
Thinking of going to Tahiti at Christmas and have a few questions: 1) Should I be concerned about the weather? Read more