The largest village on the remote West Coast is located where the PK 37 counterclockwise and the PK 24 markers meet. Apart from this little honor, it's claim to fame is the impressive twin-towered Catholic Eglise de la Sainte Famille (Church of the Holy Family), fashioned from coral and lime and dating back to the late 19th century. It is framed by lush coconut groves, and jagged mountains rise steeply behind it. The village also has a Protestant church, built in
1916. This white and gray church is distinguished by an olive green steeple and a big clock face. The churches are open for Sunday morning service only. The popular surf break at the Matauvau Pass is about a half-mile off shore.