- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
The largest village on the remote West Coast is located where the PK 37 counterclockwise and the PK 24 markers meet. Apart from this little honor, it's claim to fame is the impressive twin-towered Catholic Eglise de la Sainte Famille (Church of the Holy Family), fashioned from coral and lime and dating back to the late 19th century. It is framed by lush coconut groves, and jagged mountains rise steeply behind it. The village also has a Protestant church, built in 1916. This white and gray church is distinguished by an olive green steeple and a big clock face. The churches are open for Sunday morning service only. The popular surf break at the Matauvau Pass is about a half-mile off shore.
- Address: PK 37, counterclockwise and PK 24, clockwise, Coastal road, Moorea
- Location: West Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more