- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Teavora & Temae Beaches
Teavora & Temae Beaches Review
These beaches are the best on the East Coast; their names tend to be used interchangeably as they're really one long beach that starts just north of the ferry port and stretches all the way to the airport. The best section is the 1-mile stretch between the airport and the Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort. It can be quite busy on weekends, but especially quiet mid-week or during the low season from January to May. To gain access, look for the public access sign near the Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort. Expert surfers may want to test their skills on the famous Temae surf break—but beware of the dangerous reef.
- Location: East Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more