- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
This enclosed part of the lagoon near Motu Ahi, off Afareaitu, is home to turtles, rays, and hundreds of fish. A boat takes visitors from Afareaitu at PK 9 (clockwise) on a very short transfer to the island where they can spend all day swimming, snorkeling, learning about marine life, and even nursing baby sharks. There is also an organized tour that includes a dolphin-spotting cruise followed by a few hours on the island. Ask your hotel concierge for tour details.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more