- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Te Honu Iti
Te Honu Iti Review
"The Little Turtle" is one of the best restaurants on the island. Some people call it Chez Roger as that's the chef's name. There are great views of Cook's Bay and the shark-toothed mountain. The menu is classic French with dishes such as frogs' legs sautéed in garlic and beef tenderloin with brandy sauce. The chef will flambé your lobster or crêpes suzette at your table. This is an expensive night out (the lobster is 4,700 CFP) but it will be a night to remember, and there's a free shuttle to and from your hotel.
- Address: PK 9 counterclockwise, Coastal road, Cook's Bay, Moorea
- Phone: 79–29–98; 56–19–84
- Location: Moorea
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more