- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Le Matiehani Gourmet
Le Matiehani Gourmet Review
This lovely restaurant at the Moorea Pearl Resort is considered one of the best on the island and it's also the most expensive. Chef Pascal Bionaz, who was previously with the Relais & Chateaux Taha'a Island Resort (also in French Polynesia) is said to create "gastromonic delights" and "dream creations." The menu is a three-course degustation, at 9,000 CFP, with five choices of appetizer, seven of main course, and four of dessert. Three of the dishes, including the lobster tournedos, attract an extra supplement (from 600 to 1,000 CFP). You can start with crab tartar on hibiscus and honey jelly, move on to the roasted mahimahi stuffed with lobster with a side of pasta with cuttlefish ink, and finish with Morello cherries soufflé. The resort offers "reduced taxi fares," which you should inquire about when booking.
- Address: PK 3 counterclockwise, Coastal road, Maharepa, Moorea
- Phone: 55-17-50 Ext. 60
- Location: Moorea
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch. Closed Wed. and Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Tahiti 5-Nights at Moorea Luxury Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends
In April, 2013, we traveled to Tahiti where we stayed on the islands of Moorea and Tahiti prior to boarding an Oceania cruise that sailed through French Polynesia and the Society Islands. Read more
We had an awesome trip to Bora Bora last October. Read more
Thinking of going to Tahiti at Christmas and have a few questions: 1) Should I be concerned about the weather? Read more