- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Le Matiehani Gourmet
Le Matiehani Gourmet Review
This lovely restaurant at the Moorea Pearl Resort is considered one of the best on the island and it's also the most expensive. Chef Pascal Bionaz, who was previously with the Relais & Chateaux Taha'a Island Resort (also in French Polynesia) is said to create "gastromonic delights" and "dream creations." The menu is a three-course degustation, at 9,000 CFP, with five choices of appetizer, seven of main course, and four of dessert. Three of the dishes, including the lobster tournedos, attract an extra supplement (from 600 to 1,000 CFP). You can start with crab tartar on hibiscus and honey jelly, move on to the roasted mahimahi stuffed with lobster with a side of pasta with cuttlefish ink, and finish with Morello cherries soufflé. The resort offers "reduced taxi fares," which you should inquire about when booking.
- Address: PK 3 counterclockwise, Coastal road, Maharepa, Moorea
- Phone: 55–17–50 Ext. 60
- Location: Moorea
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch. Closed Wed. and Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more