- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Moorea Hotel Reviews
Moorea is said to have one-third of French Polynesia's total hotel capacity with more than 900 hotel rooms, bungalows, family-run lodges, and pensions. However, it still manages to be laid-back and peaceful. There are just three international resorts—Sofitel, InterContinental, and Sheraton—and French Polynesia's own Pearl resort, which are the only accommodations with overwater bungalows. The rest run the gamut from mid-range hotels (some with pools) with between 15 and 37 rooms and bungalows, and family-run pensions, lodges, and self-catering bungalows. Most are located on the lagoon, with one or two in the interior. The new Legends Resort Moorea, which opened in July 2008, is on the hillside overlooking Hauru Point and is a 10-minute drive from the beach. There are a handful of villas and houses available for weekly and longer rentals, plus a couple of camping grounds.
Browse Moorea Hotels
Browse Moorea Hotels By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's