- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Visit Moorea
The lush paradise. Moorea retains an authentic island feel, with many traditional villages to be discovered on a circle-island tour. Pineapple plantations dot the hillside, residents tend their luxuriant gardens, and wild rain forest dominates the inland peaks.
Take a hike. This is the place to put on the walking boots and head for the hills. There are ridge and valley walks and treks to high points for awesome views.
Arts and Culture. Moorea is home to more artists than any other island in French Polynesia. There are painters, woodcarvers, and sculptors, and jewelers working with pearls and shells. For cultural entertainment, check out vigorous hip-shaking, the swishing of grass skirts, evocative drumming, and the blaze of fire-dancing at the Tiki Village.
Cheap sleeps. Moorea has the greatest concentration of pensions, guesthouses, and villa rentals in French Polynesia which means there's a wide choice of affordable accommodation.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe