Hiking in Moorea
- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Moorea is a great island for hiking, but the trails are often hard to find so it's advisable to take an organized hiking tour. However, if you wish to set out on your own, there are several routes including the Three Coconut Trees Pass and the Opunohau Vallep Loop. You can start both of these routes at the Agricultural College (also known as the Lycee Argricole); ask the staff for directions.
Mer et Montagne Excursions. As the French name says, these full-day hikes go to places with fantastic views of the "sea and the mountain." There are hikes in the Opunohu Valley and to the peaks of Rotui and Tohiea. 56-16-48. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tahiti Evasion. This company runs half- and full-day hikes to the Three Coconut Trees Pass, the "balconies" of Mount Rotui, and several archeological sites and long hikes of seven days. PK 20 counterclockwise, Coastal road, Papetoai, Moorea. 56-48-77. www.tahitievasion.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends