Hiking in Moorea
- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Moorea is a great island for hiking, but the trails are often hard to find so it's advisable to take an organized hiking tour. However, if you wish to set out on your own, there are several routes including the Three Coconut Trees Pass and the Opunohau Vallep Loop. You can start both of these routes at the Agricultural College (also known as the Lycee Argricole); ask the staff for directions.
Mer et Montagne Excursions. As the French name says, these full-day hikes go to places with fantastic views of the "sea and the mountain." There are hikes in the Opunohu Valley and to the peaks of Rotui and Tohiea. 56-16-48. email@example.com.
Tahiti Evasion. This company runs half- and full-day hikes to the Three Coconut Trees Pass, the "balconies" of Mount Rotui, and several archeological sites and long hikes of seven days. PK 20 counterclockwise, Coastal road, Papetoai, Moorea. 56-48-77. www.tahitievasion.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's