When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
When to Go
Huahine has a similar climate to the other islands of the Society Archipelago. The warmer wet season (November to April) sees temperatures ranging from 27 to 30° C (80 to 86° F). The cooler, dry season—and peak tourist season—is May through October and temperatures range from 24 to 28° C (75 to 82° F). The lagoon temperature is 26° C (79° F) year-round.
The annual Hawaiki Nui Va'a, the greatest canoe race in the South Pacific, departs from Huahine in late October. One hundred canoes are launched from the west coast, race across the lagoon to Raiatea and finish in Bora Bora three days later.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1298 -- New Zealand in 'Summer' w/Tahiti Stop, $795 Off Air Tahiti Nui & Tourism New Zealand
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free — $6,799 Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Tahiti 5-Nights at Moorea Luxury Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends
- $2345 & up -- Tahiti Weeklong Escapes w/Air, Breakfast — $2,345 Pleasant Holidays