When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
When to Go
Huahine has a similar climate to the other islands of the Society Archipelago. The warmer wet season (November to April) sees temperatures ranging from 27 to 30° C (80 to 86° F). The cooler, dry season—and peak tourist season—is May through October and temperatures range from 24 to 28° C (75 to 82° F). The lagoon temperature is 26° C (79° F) year-round.
The annual Hawaiki Nui Va'a, the greatest canoe race in the South Pacific, departs from Huahine in late October. One hundred canoes are launched from the west coast, race across the lagoon to Raiatea and finish in Bora Bora three days later.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's