- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Pension Mauarii Review
The restaurant at this popular pension prides itself on using local products in 95% of its dishes. You'll find Tahitian dishes such as Fa Fa chicken (chicken with taro leaves and coconut milk) and Punu Pualoro (smoked beef with coconut cream) on the menu. Lobster and crab, and a medley of both, are house specialties and are huge dishes. If you're brave you can also try mako shark but that might be too much of an ironic twist after a day on the lagoon feeding sharks and rays. Desserts include baked papaya with coconut cream and coconut tart.
- Address: Parea, Huahine
- Phone: 68–86–49
- Location: Huahine Iti
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Daily 7:30am–8:30pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more