- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Rauheama Snack Restaurant
Rauheama Snack Restaurant Review
This pleasant little thatched hut, with a coral floor and pareos hanging from the ceiling, does a brisk trade when cruise ships are in port. It's directly opposite the dock where passengers are ferried ashore, right on beautiful Maroe Bay. It has a very limited menu with the friendly French-speaking Tahitian owner offering baguettes with various fillings such as chicken and salad for those who want a snack and the heartier plat du jour (dish of the day)—which is whatever she's just cooked. It may be a platter of fish and vegetables featuring poisson cru, grilled fish, beans, and salad—with a sizeable portion of fries. The food's good and you can also buy a pareo.
- Address: Main road, Maroe Bay, Maroe Huahine
- Phone: 68–78–41
- Location: Huahine Iti
- No credit cards.
- Lunch and dinner only.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more