- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Rauheama Snack Restaurant
Rauheama Snack Restaurant Review
This pleasant little thatched hut, with a coral floor and pareos hanging from the ceiling, does a brisk trade when cruise ships are in port. It's directly opposite the dock where passengers are ferried ashore, right on beautiful Maroe Bay. It has a very limited menu with the friendly French-speaking Tahitian owner offering baguettes with various fillings such as chicken and salad for those who want a snack and the heartier plat du jour (dish of the day)—which is whatever she's just cooked. It may be a platter of fish and vegetables featuring poisson cru, grilled fish, beans, and salad—with a sizeable portion of fries. The food's good and you can also buy a pareo.
- Address: Main road, Maroe Bay, Maroe Huahine
- Phone: 68–78–41
- Location: Huahine Iti
- No credit cards.
- Lunch and dinner only.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more