- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Les Dauphins Review
You can't miss Les Dauphins (The Dolphins), as it's right next to the post office in Fare—the only post office on the island. There are seven tables beautifully set for dinner each night under thatched cover and casual lunch dining in the garden under bright umbrellas. The menu is quite imaginative for Huahine and includes stuffed mussels with garlic butter, sautéed jumbo prawns with cognac, and fillet of duck with honey sauce. There's also confit of duck with potatoes and garlic and, for those with plain tastes, grilled lamp chops. Finish off with the classic French dessert of crème brûlée, or a warm coconut tart with vanilla ice cream. You can order half or full bottles of wine.
- Address: Near the Post Office, Fare, Huahine
- Phone: 68–78–54
- Location: Huahine Nui
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more