- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Les Dauphins Review
You can't miss Les Dauphins (The Dolphins), as it's right next to the post office in Fare—the only post office on the island. There are seven tables beautifully set for dinner each night under thatched cover and casual lunch dining in the garden under bright umbrellas. The menu is quite imaginative for Huahine and includes stuffed mussels with garlic butter, sautéed jumbo prawns with cognac, and fillet of duck with honey sauce. There's also confit of duck with potatoes and garlic and, for those with plain tastes, grilled lamp chops. Finish off with the classic French dessert of crème brûlée, or a warm coconut tart with vanilla ice cream. You can order half or full bottles of wine.
- Address: Near the Post Office, Fare, Huahine
- Phone: 68-78-54
- Location: Huahine Nui
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1298 -- New Zealand in 'Summer' w/Tahiti Stop, $795 Off Air Tahiti Nui & Tourism New Zealand
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free — $6,799 Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Tahiti 5-Nights at Moorea Luxury Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends
- $2345 & up -- Tahiti Weeklong Escapes w/Air, Breakfast — $2,345 Pleasant Holidays
In April, 2013, we traveled to Tahiti where we stayed on the islands of Moorea and Tahiti prior to boarding an Oceania cruise that sailed through French Polynesia and the Society Islands. Read more
We had an awesome trip to Bora Bora last October. Read more
Thinking of going to Tahiti at Christmas and have a few questions: 1) Should I be concerned about the weather? Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's ... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more