- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Huahine Restaurant Reviews
Hotels and most pensions have restaurants and can offer half-board (MAP) options, while some small establishments include breakfast and airport transfers. Most of the island's independent restaurants are in Fare. You'll find similar menus at most restaurants and these usually include poisson cru, shrimp, and grilled fish, meat, and lobster—most accompanied with vanilla sauce—as well as desserts like coconut tart with vanilla ice cream. Independent restaurants tend to be cheaper and serve bigger portions. There are a couple of roulottes at the wharf in Fare, which sell chow mein, lemon chicken, stir-fries, rice, and pizza. Prices are around 1,100 CFP a dish and portions are big. Tipping is not expected, but will of course be accepted.
Browse Huahine Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's