- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Huahine Nui contains the airport in the north and Fare, the port and main town, in the northwest; Maeva village, with numerous marae, is in the northeast. A 20-km road (15 mi) road circles the island and crosses over the bridge to Huahine Iti about a mile or so south of the town of Fitii. The views of the two bays—the smaller Bourayne Bay and the sweeping Maroe Bay—are fantastic here.
Huahine Nui at a Glance
Elsewhere in Huahine
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's