- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Visit Huahine
Authentic experience: This laid-back island is free from the commercialization that ravages neighbor Bora Bora and you'll easily adapt to the chilled environment in no time.
Surf's up: Both islands have great surf breaks: Ava Mo'a Pass just off Fare and Motu Aara'ara in Parea in Huahine Iti. Bring your own board, reef shoes, and a good vibe because locals don't like interlopers with "attitude."
Last resort: If you don't like big hotels, Huahine is definitely for you. There's just one with overwater bungalows, tucked away on its own island. Instead there are pensions, cottages, and safari-style tents on the beach.
Myths & legends: If you like a good story and a mysterious past, there's plenty of intrigue here to keep you guessing for days.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's