Take it All in
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Take it All in
3 Days: Take a half- or full-day lagoon excursion with stops for snorkeling, ray feeding, and a barbecue picnic on a motu. On Day 2 rent a car, scooter, or bicycle to explore the coastal road (there are only occasional hills) or take a 4WD excursion to the interior to see the WWII guns and admire sensational views. Shop at Vaitape in the afternoon, or call in at the Pearl Farm. On your third day, zip over the lagoon on a Jet Ski, go scuba diving or game fishing, or try any of the many nautical activities on offer such as swimming with marine life at the Lagoonarium.
5 Days: Follow the above itinerary and then on your fourth day, relax at the resort (think spa treatment), followed by dinner at Bloody Mary's. Or, take in a Tahitian dance show and buffet at a resort. On Day 5 take a helicopter ride, a hike into the interior, or an ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) along a deserted beach.
7 Days: With seven days you can do all of the above, plus catch the Maupiti Express over to Raiatea, Tahaa, or Maupiti for the day.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe