When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
When to Go
Anytime is a good time to visit Bora Bora due to the pleasant average temperature of 80°F (27°C). There are two basic seasons: the dry season from May to October (the Polynesian winter and busiest season) and the wet season from November to April (Polynesian summer), which can be very humid and cloudy. However, the heavy rains are often only short-lived.
The Tahiti Pearl Regatta, a yacht race around the Leeward Islands, takes place in the second week of May, the month-long Heiva Festival is in July, and the Hawaiki Nui Canoe Race is in early November.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's