When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
When to Go
Anytime is a good time to visit Bora Bora due to the pleasant average temperature of 80°F (27°C). There are two basic seasons: the dry season from May to October (the Polynesian winter and busiest season) and the wet season from November to April (Polynesian summer), which can be very humid and cloudy. However, the heavy rains are often only short-lived.
The Tahiti Pearl Regatta, a yacht race around the Leeward Islands, takes place in the second week of May, the month-long Heiva Festival is in July, and the Hawaiki Nui Canoe Race is in early November.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends