This village, perched on Faanui Bay, is about 5 km (3 mi) north of Vaitape. It has a lovely pastel pink church in the shadow of a mountain. This area was once the stronghold of the former ruling family, the Pomare, which explains the presence of several marae not too far away. There are a few shops and stalls with brightly colored pareos (sarongs) fluttering in the breeze. Nearby are the remains of the former U.S. naval base, built in 1942.
PK 5.2 north, unknown, Bora Bora, French Polynesia