Sights & Attractions in Bora Bora with Maupiti
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Bora Bora with Maupiti Sights
There are three popular ways to explore Bora Bora: by boat on the lagoon, by 4WD into the interior exploring the hills, and by driving around the 32-km (20-mi) main island road.
While it's very popular to drive around on one's own, if you have limited time it might be better to book an organized Circle Island tour. There are several marae (ancient Polynesian temples) and seven remaining WWII guns tucked away in the jungle interior, which are best pointed out by the experts.
If you want to cycle, it takes a good four hours to circle the island.
Browse Bora Bora with Maupiti Sights
Browse Bora Bora with Maupiti Sights By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1298 -- New Zealand in 'Summer' w/Tahiti Stop, $795 Off Air Tahiti Nui & Tourism New Zealand
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free — $6,799 Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Tahiti 5-Nights at Moorea Luxury Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends
- $2345 & up -- Tahiti Weeklong Escapes w/Air, Breakfast — $2,345 Pleasant Holidays