- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Lagoon Restaurant by Jean-Georges
Lagoon Restaurant by Jean-Georges Review
This is the 16th of the 17 restaurants run by star chef, and New York resident, Jean-Georges Vongerichten. The stunning restaurant at the St. Regis resort, with fantastic Mt. Otemanu views, is suspended over the lagoon. The dishes reflect Vongerichten's Thai French style. Start with bacon wrapped shrimp with passion fruit mustard atop slices of fresh avocado. Follow that up with the exotic spiced chicken with coconut caramel sauce and a citrus salad. Vongerrichten flies in every few months to introduce the new menus. When he's not around, executive chef Romuald Feger, who once worked at Le Cirque in New York, is at the helm.
- Address: St. Regis Resort, Motu Ome, Bora Bora
- Phone: 60–78–88
- Location: Bora Bora with Maupiti
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more
· News & Features
When you're Bora Bora-bound, you're in the market for some dreamy, ultra-plush, overwater-bungalow-style ... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more