Bora Bora with Maupiti Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Visit Bora Bora
Round-the-clock romance. Bora Bora is a honeymooner's paradise. Its amazing beauty will get every marriage off to a great start, and those in long-term relationships will fall in love all over again.
Fade to blue. The sensationally beautiful lagoon, said to have seven shades of blue, has to be seen to be believed. When you fly in, you'll understand what we mean.
Overwater magic. The iconic overwater bungalow was invented in French Polynesia and this island is home to the swankiest ones—perched atop four stilts with private plunge pools on the terrace. Celebrities love them, too, and you might have a brush with fame.
Underwater magic. Don a mask, snorkel, and flippers to see what lies beneath the watery blue. Advanced divers have both the lagoon and ocean to explore and many creatures to meet, though beginners will be able to mingle with manta rays as well.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends