Quad Biking in Bora Bora with Maupiti
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Matira Jet Tours. Matira Jet Tours also runs Quad Bike trips into the interior of the main island. You can do Jet Ski/quad and quad/snorkeling combinations. Quad bikes or ATVs (all-terrain vehicles) go over hills and through streams, carry two people, and are lots of fun.
Best Bets for Cruising
Little rays of sunshine. Take a snorkeling trip to swim with and feed the rays and watch the experts feed friendly reef sharks. It's a thrill you won't soon forget.
Take a ride. Rent a bicycle, scooter, car, or bugster and head off around the 32-km (20-mi) coastal road, stopping at shops and little villages along the way. If time is limited, head south from Vaitape to Matira where you'll find most of the action anyway.
Lovely lagoon. Kayak, catamaran, submarine, aquabike, jet boat, or Jet Ski—explore the lagoon however you can, it's too beautiful to miss.
Bush exploring. Take a bumpy 4WD trip up the mountainside for a sensational view of the lagoon and far-flung islands. Check out the old WWII guns along the way.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe