- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fiji has one of the highest player-population ratios of any rugby-playing nation, and it's common to see kids and adults charging in lines and passing on fields across the country. Photos of its bullnecked and tree-trunk thighed superstars color the newspaper daily. The rivalry between Fiji and New Zealand, both top contenders for the Rugby World Cup Sevens title each year, is palpable. Post Fiji Stadium. Post Fiji Stadium, the official stadium of the national pastime, has a capacity of 18,000. The major tournaments of the Sevens season (a version of the game with 7 players rather than 15, at which Fiji excels) are held from late-November to June, but events are held at Post Fiji Stadium nearly year-round. Laucala Bay, Suva, Suva, Viti Levu. 330–2787. www.fijirugby.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe