Viti Levu Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Viti Levu Restaurant Reviews
Seafood is Fiji's star ingredient. Countless locals make their livings as divers and fishermen, keeping the local restaurants and open-air markets stocked with prawns, lobsters, scallops, walu, tuna, and ika (fish) of the day. Some even go door-to-door in the mornings, peddling the day's catch. Due to a lack of steady tourism, many mainland restaurants offer what appears to Westerners a ridiculously wide range of cuisines in order to appeal to locals. It's common to see curries, Chinese-style dishes, seafood, and pizzas all crowding the same menu. Because most chefs are Indo-Fijian, curries are generally your best bet.
Suva, the nation's capital, has far and away the country's biggest restaurant scene, with a couple of outstanding venues on or near its attractive harbor. Its diversity, however, is rivaled by the large resorts of the Coral Coast that have up to four dining venues with globe-spanning menus. Virtually all hotels welcome non-guests to dine at their restaurants.
Browse Viti Levu Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1799 & up -- Fiji: 5-Night Upscale Getaway w/Air & Tours Travelscene
- $1299* -- Auckland or Sydney R/T Air from LA w/2 Nts in Fiji — $1,299 PacificIslands.com
- $1999 & up -- Fiji 5-Star Escape w/Oceanview Room & Massages — $1,999 Outdoor Travel Adventures