- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Frigates Passage. Twelve miles off-shore, Frigates Passage is a world-class left-hander break over a coral reef. Waves here are often big barrels and rides can go for 330 ft. (100 meters) or more. It's best March–November and good at all tides. Beqa Lagoon Resort, Batiluva, and Yanuca Island Resort access the break from Pacific Harbour while Matanivusi Surf Resort and Waidroka Bay Resort run trips from the Coral Coast. You can also charter Xtasea's boat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe