- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The "Adventure Capital" of Fiji is a collection of resorts on both sides of Beqa Lagoon. Its 144 km (190 mi) of coral reef formed around an extinct volcano crater comprise one of the largest barrier reefs in the world. Diving opportunities include renowned shark-diving and more than 20 sites, including shipwrecks. Meanwhile, Pacific Harbour is also base camp for many of the country's most exciting activities, including white-water rafting through a breathtaking gorge, world-class surfing, and idyllic waterfall tours.
Picture-perfect Beqa, Royal Davui, and Vatulele Islands, among others, contribute lush patches of rain forest and white-sand beaches to the crystal clear lagoon. These islands are home to excellent, upscale resorts, with one equally recommendable, rustic but cozy exception. Mainland Pacific Harbour has a range of accommodation options as well.
Pacific Harbour at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe