- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The "Adventure Capital" of Fiji is a collection of resorts on both sides of Beqa Lagoon. Its 144 km (190 mi) of coral reef formed around an extinct volcano crater comprise one of the largest barrier reefs in the world. Diving opportunities include renowned shark-diving and more than 20 sites, including shipwrecks. Meanwhile, Pacific Harbour is also base camp for many of the country's most exciting activities, including white-water rafting through a breathtaking gorge, world-class surfing, and idyllic waterfall tours.
Picture-perfect Beqa, Royal Davui, and Vatulele Islands, among others, contribute lush patches of rain forest and white-sand beaches to the crystal clear lagoon. These islands are home to excellent, upscale resorts, with one equally recommendable, rustic but cozy exception. Mainland Pacific Harbour has a range of accommodation options as well.
Pacific Harbour at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1799 & up -- Fiji: 5-Night Upscale Getaway w/Air & Tours Travelscene
- $1299* -- Auckland or Sydney R/T Air from LA w/2 Nts in Fiji — $1,299 PacificIslands.com
- $1999 & up -- Fiji 5-Star Escape w/Oceanview Room & Massages — $1,999 Outdoor Travel Adventures