- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This is the tourism heart of Viti Levu, with clusters of resorts scattered between the towns of Sigatoka, Korotogo, and Korolevu. The huge Outrigger on the Lagoon resort is across the street from Kula Eco Park and is a focal point of the area, entertaining guests from the nearby "Sunset Strip" resorts as well. Because most of the beaches here are highly subject to tides and have sharp coral rocks close to shore, the emphasis at these resorts tends to be on pools and sports facilities. While a few resorts are located over bumpy ridgelines down to the beach, none is truly isolated. Many hotels are next to villages and offer tours introducing guests to the warm communal center of Fijian life.
Coral Coast at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's