- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In the Savusavu area, local buses run throughout the day from the station in the center of town out to villages along the Hibiscus Highway. It's roughly 1½ hours each way. Buses also run from the station down to Lesiaceva Point. Both can be extremely crowded during "rush hour," when most locals go to and from work at the resorts. Fares are reasonable.
There are inexpensive daily buses between Savusavu and Labasa, about a three-hour ride. These depart between 8:30 and 3:30 pm from the station in each town.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe