If You Like
Boutique Hotel Luxury
Namale and Jean-Michel Cousteau are among the very best at what they do. If you're looking to be pampered in one of the South Pacific's most lavish spas or want an upscale yet comfortable, active experience for a young family, look no further than these two small resorts.
A Warm Reception
What can you expect from the "friendly" region of one of the friendliest countries in the world? You'll be able to chat with almost anyone you meet and to learn a thing or two about Fiji and its people when you do.
Digging the Local Scene
The many cottages and luxury houses for rent around Savusavu make it easy for visitors to sample the "Friendly North" lifestyle. Because the locals are used to yachties dropping anchor for up to months at a time, Westerners who want to blend in will go relatively unnoticed picking up provisions at the supermarket or falling into a routine at the cafés.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's