- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Savusavu is home to Fiji's most popular marina and yacht club. From May through October the town sees a constant flow of sailors who bring a significant amount of business to its grocery stores, restaurant, and, of course, its yacht club. The marina is well-run, providing all the requisite services, and many yachties use its harbor as a base from which to explore the "Friendly North."
A "Savusavu Marina Village" has been planned, timetable unknown. It would include an 86-berth marina for yachts 30-80 feet long, 62 of which would be offered as 30-year berth leases at $36,000 each, to be paid over seven years.
Copra Shed Marina. Copra Shed Marina has eight stern-to-wharf berths for boats of up to 65 feet (20 meters) and 17 moorings for vessels of various sizes. Within the yacht complex are hot showers, toilets, laundry, Internet and office services, telephones, and waste oil and garbage disposals. Maintenance and repair services can be arranged.
Before coming ashore, visitors must be cleared by officials, available 8–4:30, for a fee of US$100. A quarantine fee of US$33.75, payable at the local hospital, also applies. Rates at anchor are US$4/day in-season, US$3/day off-season; moorings are US$5.50/day in-season, US$4.50/day off-season; stern-to-berth (including power and water) costs US$8/day in-season, US$5.50/day off-season. Discounts are offered on longer stays. 885–0457.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's