- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Fiji, 1st Edition
Oriental Restaurant & Bar
Oriental Restaurant & Bar Review
Here's one globe-spanning restaurant where you shouldn't settle on a curry simply by default. The Chinese dishes are good, large, and best enjoyed family-style. Second prize goes to the range of traditionally prepared seafood such as lobster, prawns, and fish cooked in lolo (coconut milk). The strange wood canopies with rope netting over most of the tables are even stranger in light of the honest attempt at Asian decor made by illustrated tapestries. Avoid weekend afternoons, when locals crowd the bar and many of the tables with tall bottles of Fiji Bitter. To find it, look for the big sign on a building across from the bus station.
- Address: Jaduram St., Labasa, Vanua Levu
- Location: Labasa
- No credit cards.
- No lunch Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
INTRODUCTION: Trip to Sydney and Cairns AUS, South
Island, NEW ZEALAND, FIJI, ending in Santa Monica, CA
By way of background, we began this trip preparation with the idea of using American Airlines FF Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more
· News & Features
Dreaming of a romantic Fijian getaway? ... Read more
White sand beaches, an unparalleled landscape, friendly locals—it's not hard to see why Fiji's newes... Read more
Close your eyes and think of sparkling blue lagoons, lush volcanic isles, and palm tree-studded beaches.... Read more