- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Vanua Levu's second airport is a half-hour drive outside of this sugar town. Like northeastern Viti Levu, the town is serviced by a narrow-track railroad transporting sugar, and the town's population grows exponentially during cane-crushing season (roughly May-December) as seasonal workers come up to harvest. This is the best point of entry in the north if you're headed for the area's superb off-shore resort, Nukubati. Unless you're coming here for the resort itself, save your exploring days for the water or rain forest.
Labasa at a Glance
Elsewhere in Vanua Levu
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's