There are approximately 70 countries in the world that use Daylight Saving Time in one way or another, but unfortunately Fiji is not one of these, having stopped the practice a few years ago. Fiji is 12 hours ahead of GMT. Therefore, when it's noon in Suva, it's 5 pm in L.A. on the previous day and 8 pm in New York City on the previous day. When these countries are experiencing Daylight Saving Time, subtract one hour from the time.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe