Facilities in Fiji range from the rustic to the swank, depending on where you are and how evolved the infrastructure is. On a whole, though, bathrooms are clean, and the use of them (in restaurants, gas stations, etc.) is never a problem, although having your own stash of toilet paper or tissues can come in handy. Since Fijians are such good hosts, it's good manners to return the favor for them. For example, if you use the facilities at a gas station, buy a bottle of water or even a pack of gum as an acknowledgement of thanks.
The Bathroom Diaries. The Bathroom Diaries is flush with unsanitized info on restrooms the world over—each one located, reviewed, and rated. www.thebathroomdiaries.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's