Large cities like Suva, Nadi, and Latoka should have anything you may have forgotten, but in Fiji it's best not to count on that—especially with prescription medicine. The farther you travel outside of the major cities, the less likely you are to find what you're looking for, so stock up before you leave.
Make sure you have plenty of bug spray and sunscreen, proper reef shoes—flip-flops won't stand up to coral reefs or sink holes—seasickness tablets, a tropical wardrobe that includes layers—it can get chilly on the water—an underwater camera, and a snorkel and mask if you consider taking a dip.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's