Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation
Adhering to business hours in Fiji can be frustrating, as everyone is on Fiji Time. Generally, banking and post office hours tend to be between 9 am and 4 pm, although offices might close earlier on Friday afternoons; there's a 24-hour bank at Nadi International Airport if you're in a bind. Shops tend to be open weekdays from 9 to 5, and 8 to 1 on Saturday. (If you aim for the hours of 9:30 am to 3 pm, you'll be safe, though many places close for lunch between 1 and 2.) Cafés open around 9, and restaurant hours generally run 11 am to 10 pm. Sunday is a day for family, religion, and rest in Fiji, and very little is open.
In Fiji, official holidays include New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Prophet Mohammed's Birthday (April), National Youth Day (May), Ratu Sir Lala Sukuna Day (1st Monday in June), Queen's Birthday (mid-June), Birth of Lord Krishna (August/September), Fiji Independence Day (early October), Diwali Festival (October/November), Christmas Day, Boxing Day (December 26).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1373* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,373 Air New Zealand