On Taveuni, all ferries depart from two wharfs located between Waiyevo and Naqara. Bligh Water Shipping operates ferries between most of Fiji's major destinations, including Savusavu, Taveuni, Lautoka, and Suva. Check the Web site for schedules.
For a long but wonderfully scenic journey from Vanua Levu, Grace Shipping runs a 3½-hour bus over the lush, mountainous (and rough) Hibiscus Highway to the village of Napuka on Buca Bay, where it meets a ferry for the hour-long crossing to Taveuni. The trip costs around $15. Look for the bus marked "Taveuni" departing the Savusavu station on Vanua Levu around 8 am. The return trip leves from Naqara on Taveuni.
Bligh Water Shipping (Agent is Tima Limited, Waiyevo, Taveuni. 331–8247 Headquarters, Suva; 330–1338 Suva City; 666–8229 Lautoka; 888 0070 Taveuni. email@example.com. www.blighwatershipping.com.fj.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's