Fodor's In Focus Fiji, 1st Edition
On the cliff-edge at a bend in the road, this small open-air restaurant and bar has views to rival any of its resort neighbors. The furnishings are simple but with the breeze blowing in at night and your food illuminated by lantern, who needs decor? Skip the pizzas and instead order fish, which is served up a number of ways but usually also available with chips (french fries) for US$5.50. Thursday is a grill night featuring chicken, fish, and lobster; Saturday is an all-day barbecue; and Sunday is roast night. Happy hour is 5–7 pm. A 15-minute walk from the airport, this place can get crowded.
- Address: Matei, Taveuni
- Phone: 888–2224
- Hours: Daily 10am–9pm
- Location: Taveuni
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
INTRODUCTION: Trip to Sydney and Cairns AUS, South
Island, NEW ZEALAND, FIJI, ending in Santa Monica, CA
By way of background, we began this trip preparation with the idea of using American Airlines FF Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more
· News & Features
Dreaming of a romantic Fijian getaway? ... Read more
White sand beaches, an unparalleled landscape, friendly locals—it's not hard to see why Fiji's newes... Read more
Close your eyes and think of sparkling blue lagoons, lush volcanic isles, and palm tree-studded beaches.... Read more