Mamanuca and Yasawa Groups Feature
If You Like
These are undisputedly Fiji's finest beaches. Mana Island has a particularly beautiful stretch, with its island-tip location allowing it to divide the sand into more kid-friendly and quieter sections. Then, of course, there's the Yasawas' magnificent Blue Lagoon with intriguing coves worth exploring. Nearly every resort in the two groups can claim a stretch of sand worth envying.
A relative lack of weather compared to the rest of the country makes the coral visibility exceptional and it's often just a short swim from the beach. Navini, owing to its establishment of a marine reserve, and Matamanoa have particularly great sea life.
The Yasawas, and increasingly the Mamanucas, are famous for their cheap all-inclusives. The true beach bum can have a pristine setting, a place to lay his or her head and three hearty square ones for less than $100 per day.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,331 Air New Zealand