Air Fiji operates two flights to and from Suva to Bureta Airstrip on Ovalau Monday-Saturday. The first departs Suva at 7:15 am and arrives at 7:30 am. The second departs Suva at 5 pm and arrives at 5:15 pm. The return legs of these flights depart Bureta Airstrip at 7:40 am and 5:30 pm. On Sunday, only the afternoon flights go.
Be sure to catch the Air Fiji shuttle to and from Bureta Airstrip. It meets each days' flights and costs around $10 while the rocky 45-minute-long journey might cost $40 by taxi. The day before you leave, arrange to be picked up by the shuttle at the Air Fiji office on Beach Street. The office closes early on Saturday and is closed on Sunday.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe