Air Fiji operates two flights to and from Suva to Bureta Airstrip on Ovalau Monday-Saturday. The first departs Suva at 7:15 am and arrives at 7:30 am. The second departs Suva at 5 pm and arrives at 5:15 pm. The return legs of these flights depart Bureta Airstrip at 7:40 am and 5:30 pm. On Sunday, only the afternoon flights go.
Be sure to catch the Air Fiji shuttle to and from Bureta Airstrip. It meets each days' flights and costs around $10 while the rocky 45-minute-long journey might cost $40 by taxi. The day before you leave, arrange to be picked up by the shuttle at the Air Fiji office on Beach Street. The office closes early on Saturday and is closed on Sunday.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1799 & up -- Fiji: 5-Night Upscale Getaway w/Air & Tours Travelscene
- $1299* -- Auckland or Sydney R/T Air from LA w/2 Nts in Fiji — $1,299 PacificIslands.com
- $1999 & up -- Fiji 5-Star Escape w/Oceanview Room & Massages — $1,999 Outdoor Travel Adventures