Fodor's In Focus Fiji, 1st Edition
Ovalau Holiday Resort Restaurant
Ovalau Holiday Resort Restaurant Review
A soothing breeze, bamboo ceilings, and fresh frangipani and hibiscus create a cozy, tropical setting for excellent curries across the road from the beach. The blackboard menu changes every four days depending on what's in town but you can always bet on the curries. Prawn and crab are the chef's picks and all are served with roti, rice, chips, or local root vegetables. Traditional Fijian dishes will be cooked on request, sandwiches are offered at lunchtime, and everything is made-to-order. There's a full bar and, at night, the lights are turned low, the R&B up. The restaurant is about a 20-minute drive out of town.
- Address: Ovalau Holiday Resort, Beach St., Levuka, Ovalau, Lomaiviti Group
- Phone: 344–0329
- Hours: Mon.–Sat. 6–9am, noon–2, 6–9pm, Sun. 6–9pm
- Location: Ovalau
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
INTRODUCTION: Trip to Sydney and Cairns AUS, South
Island, NEW ZEALAND, FIJI, ending in Santa Monica, CA
By way of background, we began this trip preparation with the idea of using American Airlines FF Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more
· News & Features
Dreaming of a romantic Fijian getaway?... Read more
White sand beaches, an unparalleled landscape, friendly locals—it's not hard to see why Fiji's newes... Read more
Close your eyes and think of sparkling blue lagoons, lush volcanic isles, and palm tree-studded beaches.... Read more