Ovalau Holiday Resort Restaurant
Ovalau Holiday Resort Restaurant Review
A soothing breeze, bamboo ceilings, and fresh frangipani and hibiscus create a cozy, tropical setting for excellent curries across the road from the beach. The blackboard menu changes every four days depending on what's in town but you can always bet on the curries. Prawn and crab are the chef's picks and all are served with roti, rice, chips, or local root vegetables. Traditional Fijian dishes will be cooked on request, sandwiches are offered at lunchtime, and everything is made-to-order. There's a full bar and, at night, the lights are turned low, the R&B up. The restaurant is about a 20-minute drive out of town.
- Address: Ovalau Holiday Resort, Beach St., Levuka, Ovalau, Lomaiviti Group
- Phone: 344–0329
- Hours: Mon.–Sat. 6–9am, noon–2, 6–9pm, Sun. 6–9pm
- Location: Ovalau
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
INTRODUCTION: Trip to Sydney and Cairns AUS, South
Island, NEW ZEALAND, FIJI, ending in Santa Monica, CA
By way of background, we began this trip preparation with the idea of using American Airlines FF Read more
After my brother and his family got back from an awesome trip to New Zealand last March, my husband and I started talking about adding it to our trip we were considering to Fiji. Read more
I'm a regular contributor on the Caribbean Forum but am unfamiliar with the South Pacific so I need help.
Spouse and I are active Seniors (68 & 67) and are considering a 10 to 14 day trip to Fiji fo Read more
· News & Features
Dreaming of a romantic Fijian getaway?... Read more
White sand beaches, an unparalleled landscape, friendly locals—it's not hard to see why Fiji's newes... Read more
Close your eyes and think of sparkling blue lagoons, lush volcanic isles, and palm tree-studded beaches.... Read more