Budget, desired resort ambience and reef proximity (if diving) should be the deciding factors in planning a Kadavu Group itinerary.
If You Have 3, 5, or 7 Days
Owing to its lack of infrastructure and relatively few resorts spread over a 58-km-long (36-mi-long) island, all activities in Kadavu are resort-based. Because it can be pricey and time-consuming to commute between resorts, it's best to pick one for stays of three or four days. If staying for longer, consider pairing a resort with a particular strength (such as diving or fishing) with one in another part of the island offering a dissimilar level of comfort and thus a different perspective on the Kadavu experience. Divers may want to spend some of their time based at a resort on the northern end, where they can best explore the Great Astrolabe, and some in the hands of another dive operation, discovering the island's fringing reef.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe