Budget, desired resort ambience and reef proximity (if diving) should be the deciding factors in planning a Kadavu Group itinerary.
If You Have 3, 5, or 7 Days
Owing to its lack of infrastructure and relatively few resorts spread over a 58-km-long (36-mi-long) island, all activities in Kadavu are resort-based. Because it can be pricey and time-consuming to commute between resorts, it's best to pick one for stays of three or four days. If staying for longer, consider pairing a resort with a particular strength (such as diving or fishing) with one in another part of the island offering a dissimilar level of comfort and thus a different perspective on the Kadavu experience. Divers may want to spend some of their time based at a resort on the northern end, where they can best explore the Great Astrolabe, and some in the hands of another dive operation, discovering the island's fringing reef.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's